I received a parking ticket, what do I do? Please click here to pay Please click here to appeal
I’m commuting to New York, what are my parking options?
You can park daily at:
• South Norwalk Train Station –7 days/week
• East Norwalk Train Station
• Or apply for permit; click here
Is there daily parking at the South or East Norwalk Train Station?
• Yes, daily parking fee for the South Norwalk Train Station is $12 per day
• East Norwalk Train Station Monday through Friday, permit only parking. Saturday through Sunday, parking fee is $8.00 daily
Does Norwalk boot cars?
Yes, when you have two or more outstanding parking tickets.
How long can I stay in an on-street parking area?
The posted time limits are typically 2 hours. Except long-term meters on Monroe, Madison and Henry Streets around the South Norwalk Railroad Station, and 30 minute parking on Mott Avenue adjacent to the Main Library and in front of the Post Office on Belden Avenue. Please check posted signs upon parking.
If I display a handicap permit do I have to pay?
Yes, you still have to pay for parking.
Does the permit guarantee a parking space?
No, we do not assign parking spaces. A monthly permit offers parking at a discounted rate on a first-come, first-served basis.
Do I have to be a Norwalk resident to get a monthly permit?
No, there are no residency requirements.
When are the on-street parking meters enforced?
The hours of operation are between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. in posted locations.
Additionally, there is no on-street enforcement on Sundays and holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day.
What are the hours of operations for parking lots and facilities?
All off-street parking garages and lots are 24/7 including holidays.
Where can I find parking rates for all the facilities? Click here for more information.
What are the hourly payment options at the facilities?
• Pay by cash, credit card or coin at all of our facilities except at the East Norwalk Railroad Station where we only accept pay by smart phone on the weekends
• Pay by phone at all our facilities. Click here for more information • Pay by plate at all our off-street facilities
Can I park my car for more than one day in Norwalk?
Overnight parking is allowed in all facilities. During snow emergencies, overnight parking is not allowed in all the open surface lots and on-street parking spaces.
Can I store my car in the parking facilities? Storage of a vehicle is allowed only at the Yankee Doodle Garage. Vehicles are not allowed to be stored in any other facilities. Storage is defined as a vehicle parked for 5 consecutive days without being moved. There is an additional fee for stored vehicles
Is there dedicated, secured parking for bicycles at any of the parking facilities? Are there bike racks ?
There are secured bike racks at a number of facilities. They are at the following locations:
1. South Norwalk Railroad Station – State Street/Westbound side and on the Eastbound side, both adjacent to the building
2. East Norwalk Railroad Station – Westbound side next to the concession building
3. Maritime Garage – inside on the first floor at the Water Street entrance